Hemophilia society of Maharashtra (Pune Chapter) was formed in 1992. It is a non- profit organization registered under Societies Act, Bombay public Trust Act and FCR act of Govt., of India. It is affiliated to Hemophilia Federation (India) New Delhi, which is a member of World Federation of Hemophilia Montreal, Canada.
• To set up a rehabilitation centre in Pune for PWH.
• To help the families with economic rehabilitation.
• To provide educational support to Persons with Hemophilia (PWH)
• To provide AHF injections to all patients at affordable cost.
• To locate women with bleeding disorders in and around Pune.
• To locate undiagnosed "Persons With hemophilia".
• To educate and provide proper information on Hemophilia Care to both Persons With Hemophilia, their families and the medical fraternity. • To make treatment available at an affordable cost.
• Providing limited support to about 600 patients with hemophilia irrespective of their caste, creed or religion.
• Making available life saving medicine AHF at lowest price in the World and providing the same at no profit/subsidized/free basis to PWHs.
• Play a vital role in life threatening situation and surgeries on persons with Hemophilia.
• Run our laboratory to diagnose Hemophilia at the care center.
• Run daily physiotherapy sessions at the center.
• Established a trained team of doctors comprising of a Physician, Hematologist and Orthopedic surgeon, Physiotherapist, Technician & Social Worker.
• Successful implementation of a small pilot project given by Danida (Danish International Development Agency),which help us to locate and diagnose patients from rural area in Pune district.
• Have set up a hi tech lab for the diagnosis of hemophilia
• Have conducted a number of surgeries including 188 major and 124 minor ones.
• Provide free physiotherapy to all patients.
• Hold free open clinics Lohade Hospital and Sahyadri Hospital for all the patients.
• Have successfully lobbied with the government for giving some help to poorest patients.
• Awarded the best twin of the year 2000 by WFH (World Federation Of Hemophilia). For outstanding performance in twinning with Bradford Hemophilia centre UK.